Friday, September 7, 2012

16 year old Chicago rapper gets killed over YouTube beef

Joseph 'Lil JoJo' Coleman was killed in cold-blood over what many believe involved a beef with Chief Keef's #3Hunna crew. The 16-year old rapper released a video aimed in the direction of his fellow Windy City rappers. On Tuesday September 4, 2012 at about 9 p.m., Coleman was found dead following a drive by shooting. Witnesses say a gunman fired from a tan or gray vehicle striking the 16 year old. He was unresponsive when authorities showed up at the scene, he was later taken to University of Chicago Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. Lil JoJo has released numerous videos which have taken aim at the artists from Chicago. A video which was posted on Youtube shows JoJo and company rolling up on Def Jam artist, Lil Reese an associate of Chief Keef. The words "Imma Kill You" can be heard in the viral visual. The Chicago/Mid-West area is definitely made it's mark in 2012 but it sure hasn't helped the violence and gang state Chicago is in. Here's the thoughts of one of my closest friends from his Facebook account...
"I was thinkin on the way home lookin @ these lil dudes, thinkin bout all this lil jo jo, cheif keif non-sense & I'm still thinkin bout it while I watch DNC waitin 4 President Obama to speak...Who do these lil guyz have to look up to? Hell I had my ol man, uncles, grand-fathers, & coaches.... but my generation had guys like Farrakhan, Cosby, Lenny Wilkens, etc....Cats wanted real careers, we didnt wanna be no dayum lil wayne, and these otha clowns makin this bad music...And I'm not givin me nor my generation a pass like we were angel, we did our dirt too, are hands are not clean by no means....but these dudes are lost, this is beyond non-sense." #youngfoolsgangsaredead
I have to also add that I am severely disgusted with the actions from the current youth of the culture of Hip Hop!! I'm not about to search for the correct words for the remainder of this article because i'm ashamed of what the hell these cats are out here doing!! I mean, I know these dudes aint old enough to remember Pac & Big gettin killed but I DO, and most of us saw it coming!! All ima say is this, y'all are making the rap community of Chicago look REALLY STUPID, and you're bringing a lot of unwanted publicity to the culture. I take this personally because Chicago has seen a comeback in 2012, that we hadn't seen since the mid 90's. Things were starting to look a lil bit prosperous....but as usual.....niggaz always gotta find a way to screw it up!! And now look!! Now Keef is at it with Chicago Rapper Lupe Fiasco, just because he's calling on Keef to ease back on the ignorant shyt!! No one stays at the top of the mountain forever, and for some strange reason, most current artists feel like the small successes that they're currently reaching is gonna last forever. Guess what....It WONT!! So my point is this...get what you can, while you can, enjoy the moment, and chill the hell out!! God bless the dead, and I hope that Lil Jo Jo will be the last killing. But I live in a city of haters, in a state of crabs in a barrel so i'm sure that it won't be the last...Ima kick back and stop because I have enough current problems wit the youth born after 1995....

No comments:

Post a Comment