Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Finished Artwork for "Dope Baby"



My designated assignment for this past week has been to come up with the artwork for the Bennie Franks/Cayex Illah project. For the past 3 weeks, I have created 3 different versions that used photos that were taken at the photo shoot before the video. The 1st version, Cayex liked because he liked the pic of himself. Unfortunately Bennie didn't like the pic of himself. The artwork was denied. The 2nd version, Bennie liked the pic of himself. And of course, Cayex did NOT like the artwork of himself. The artwork was denied.

For the final version, I decided NOT to add a pic of either Cayex OR Bennie, and made the focal point on a stock photo that I had of a straight razor cutting into a Baking Soda form of substance. Why would I have stock photos of baking soda? Because at one point and time, I was a part of a music production team called the "Baking Soda Boys". Just in case you were wondering, It was a drug dealing reference. (At one point and time, having a slick drug dealing name was a very popular trend in rap music.) 

The only direction that I was given after the fact was to make the razor the same color gold that Bennie are wearing in the video. Not a problem! Done!! Keep your eyes open for the video. I am currently in the editing phase of it which has had me very busy. It will be up very soon...God willing...

No comments:

Post a Comment