Thursday, November 29, 2012

WTH?? Starz "Fires" Boss After ONLY Two Seasons!!




Starz has canceled Boss after two seasons, Entertainment Weekly reports.....What the hell maaan....I'm really getting sick of this!!

 "After much deliberation, we have made the difficult decision to not proceed with Boss," the network said in a statement. "We remain proud of this award-winning show, its exceptional cast and writers, and are grateful to Kelsey Grammer, Farhad Sarafina and our partners at Lionsgate TV."




   Despite the show's low ratings, Grammer won a Golden Globe award for his portrayal of the Chicago politician.

 I dunno what the hell is going on with our Chicago based TV shows!! I'm wondering if the rest of the world just doesn't wanna watch about how corrupt our politicians and police are here in this great city. This canceling Chicago based TV shows, from what I can remember goes all the way back to Chicago Hope, next would be, The Chicago Code, The Playboy Club, Mob Doctor just got yanked off of FOX, and now Boss!!

  I'm actually pissed because I ACTUALLY LIKED THE SHOW!! They were shooting all over the city, and the acting was top notch! The sets that they used were excellent! If I didn't know the process of how movies are made, and how convincing that the designs of sets can be, I would've thought that they were filming on the 5th floor of city hall here in Chicago. Plus the storyline about the mayor slowly losing his mind, but wanting to maintain his powerful grip.....man it was deep!! 


   But as I watched, I noticed just how....REAL...the subject matter was, and I wondered actually how long this show was gonna stay on the air. I had this theory of why when they would open up the mayors office door on the 5th floor, it always seemed to cover up Mayor Harold Washington's face on the wall. In my mind, they were trying to cover up the fact that our beloved Mayor was murdered in his mayoral prime. After a while, they started slightly showing his face and I eased up a lil bit. The stories just seemed to be tellin a little TOO much of our business, and I hoped that it wouldn't get yanked. NOPE!! They yanked it!! 

   I'm starting to feel that actor Troy Garity is a bad luck charm. He played the white barber in the 1st Barber Shop movie with Ice Cube. Ice Cube makes a sequel, and it SUCKED!! I still supported the movie because it's a Cube flick, and it's Chicago. I mean, c'mon man! That's a no brainer. But then Garity shows up in The Playboy Club; The Playboy Club gets cancelled. Are we starting to see a pattern here people? Good lookin out for Garity for clearly staying here for the past few years. I'm sure he has his options. Why? Because he's Jane Fonda's son, and he's not from here that's why!!



The series also showcased the growing talents or rapper Clifford "TI" Harris. I've always been a fan of his music, and his "Family Hustle" series on VH1 is a favorite in the Whitaker household. I forgot the name of the character that he played, (Trey Rogers) but he played a shady cat, that lived in an undisclosed area of the city, and was the go between from the politicians and the hood dwellers. Once again another example of "Keepin it TOO damn real"!


Sanaa Lathan
And what about Sanaa Lathan?? Aint it hard enough for black actresses in Hollywood? She had a major role and played a major character on Boss. I'm guessing that she's happy that she still has her gig on "The Cleveland Show" on FOX. 











A special shout out to Chicago's own Karen Aldridge, who has gone from playing a doctor on BOSS, to playing a doctor on Chicago Fire. Keep up the great work! Holla at me so I can give you a well deserved interviewed.





  





 I'm very happy to have 2 great seasons that I can order on DVD, and watch em when I feel like it. For me to say that i'm hoping that they bring it back would be just plain ole stupid because they just don't do that anymore. So as of lately i've started watching Chicago Fire on NBC. It's decent, but it mos def aint BOSS! I'm gonna show support because i'm a media student at Kennedy King College, and i'm all about supporting local media activities that would employ my peers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment