Sunday, October 26, 2014

Come one, come all, COME ON DOWN...To COMPLEX 2010


Have you ever noticed how some businesses seem to put up a going out of business sale sign, hang it from the doorway, but NEVER seem to go out of business for about a few years? I'm a fan of the Men In Black trilogy, more so the 3rd and final installment of the films. In Men In Black 3, there is a scene when Will Smith goes to see a store merchant about using a device for time travel. When Will arrives, the shot makes sure that it is clearly shown that the stores name is the "Going Out Of Business" store. Inside the store, there were signs on EVERYTHING saying that everything must go! I thought that was HIL-A-RI-OUS!! And at the same time, I thought that it was PURE GENIUS!

Bare with me for a minute because I'm getting to my point. 

COMPLEX 2010 has heard through the client grapevine, that some people feel that the company caters entirely too much to higher clientele that can afford the (affordable) rates. The comments initially started out as a low murmur, but as of late, its becoming a slight roar. 

How do we fix it? How do we reach out to other potential customers without offending our current clients? How do we remain upscale, without sacrificing our standards. 

I GOT IT!!

A GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE....But not quite...

What I have come up with is to design a hourly rate of $35 for 1 week and 1 WEEK ONLY. 
At the same time knowing in my mind that it will be for longer than only one week. 
How long? As long as it is felt that it is working. 1 month, 6 months, 3 days, I don't know yet. 
Im going to get the word out about the hourly rate and let it be known that the rate comes with terms. 

The key two terms are...

1. This rate is for NEW CLIENTS ONLY!
2. You have to have an established catalog of at least 10 songs. (We have to know that you're serious!)

I passed this info on to Cayex and Merk and they agree. "Whatever you think works JB", is what they usually say. And at the same time, I hear the dreaded words..."Make It Happen!" 

(Scoffs)

That means now that I've come up with the idea, I have to lay it out properly and execute it.

1st and foremost a flyer has to be designed...DONE and APPROVED!!

Now the TRUE fun begins...(I hope that it is obvious that I am being sarcastic!)


No comments:

Post a Comment